Voice Over IP (SIP)
- ServIT's built-in voice over IP.
- An own, physical, voice over IP telephone that can be connected to your network.
- An own software telephone(a so called 'soft-phone') that is operated as a program in the PC.
- Download a standard software telephone from the net (see example further down below).
To begin using Voice Over IP, the users need to have a voice over IP telephone (see above) a good internal network, and a good connection to internet. This is needed to get a good call quality. You need a firewall on your page that allows Voice Over IP (most new firewalls allows it in their default setting). For all software telephones (including ServIT's own), a good head-set is needed for your PCs. Read more about our policy for SIP Voice Over IP.
Later, you will need to login once from the web from the network (the IP address) you will use when you do Voice Over IP. This is necessary for our page to accept that your network has access to our telephone server.Note that your firewall must let through traffic for SIP (UDP, port 5060 against 18.104.22.168).
1) Built-in web softphone
- Activate function "Web agent" in Control panel->Phone queue
- Configure the agents SIP-account as webRTC
- After the agent needs to log out/in
- Then a phone symbol is shown up right. Click it for opening the web phone
Instruction differnt browsers
2) ServIT's Voice Over IP phoneIn ServIT's Windows client, there is a built-in softphone for Voice Over IP. Install this and state account, password, type of login and check the "ServIT SIP".
3) Softphone MicroSIPMicroSIP is an open source soft-phone for Windows OS
Download it from:
Install it at configure according to this configuration
4) Softphone ZoiperInstruction of downloading and installing Zoiper (external telephone). Go to:
Download and install the telephone.
Start the telephone.
Configure the telephone:
Choose 'Continue as free user'
Username / login: enter User ID followed by @ (at) and IP address 22.214.171.124. Example: DEMOCT@126.96.36.199
Password: Password in ServIT. Be careful with capital respectively small letters
Hostname: Enter 188.8.131.52
Check box for Optional (Authentication and Outbound proxy)
Authentication username: enter User ID again. Ex. DEMOCT. Leave Proxy empty. Press "Next"
(wait for the scan) Press "Next"
5) Polycom Voice Over IPPack up and connect internet and power cable (if not PoE, Power over Ethernet). The telephone is started
On the display, you will see what IP address it has been given. Surf in on that address:
Login with ID: Polycom, password 456 (default)
Under the menu "SIP", section "Local Settings" state the following:
Under the menu "Lines" state the following:
Display Name: What you want displayed
Address: User-ID in ServIT
Auth User ID: User-ID in ServIT
Auth Password: Password in ServIT. Be careful with capital respectively small letters
Line Seize Time Out: 30
Under menu "General/Synchronization/Time"
SNTP server: ntp.lth.se (or your own internal or other NTP server)
GMT offset: 1
Everything else should be left as default
Manual Configuration [ Download here ]
User Manual (4 pages) [ Download here ]
Each type of voice over IP has its own settings. Do you use another telephone than the one ServIT provides you have to look at the documentation for respective telephone.
To use Voice Over IP with ServIT's built-in SIP-client, you will also have to use Telephone queue, Chat, or TM in the platform.
Activate ServIT's voice over IP by choosing Menu in the Windows-client ServIT / Alternative. Click on the button Advanced... (at the bottom). Click on the tab Login. Check the check box ServIT SIP telephone. Click OK. Sign out and then login again. Check the box "ServIT SIP" when signing in
- Keypad - Choose if you want a compact telephone window (without keypad) or a slightly larger window.
- Position - Do you want the telephone to be placed over other windows on your screen or not.
- Taskbar - If you want to hide the telephone completely and direct it from the taskbar (down at the bottom right on the screen, also called systray).
- See the documentation (Manuals) for more information...
On the web, you will receive a new menu called "SIP account" when you have this service. Here, you will be able to see and administer your direct number (Dialplan) if you have ordered this. You will also be able to see statistics of your calls inbound and outbound with Voice Over IP, i.e. calls that do NOT come from a telephone queue.
If you have a voice over IP that has been connected (at installation) to a telephone number on the web (protocol sip:) with a softphone, you will also be able to call directly by pressing the telephone numbers in the platform.
If you use both your own SIP telephone and ServIT's built-in SIP telephone, you will need to be careful not to login on the same account with different telephones at the same time.
You can also (optional) order direct numbers to your voice over IP telephones. In that way you will be able to receive calls directly to your users (and not only making outbound calls and receiving calls through telephone queue). See price list for prices. Contact us to order direct numbers.
Note that the call cost completely disappear for calls connected to agent from telephone queue if you use SIP. There will always be an extra cost for forwarded calls when we call agents through the public telephone network (see price list).
To call out via "click-to-dial" from a link with protocol sip: (or callto: alt. tel:) make sure our client/app is set as default for the protocol in Windows. It may be done with this .reg file (save it locally and run to to change Windows registry): setsip.reg.